Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Target Beauty Box

A month or so ago, I think I was on Twitter, when I saw a tweet about a $5 Target Beauty Box. Well if you know me, you know I can't pass up a deal like that!

So I clicked the link which took me to Target.com. I signed in and I want to say it was already on the Beauty Box page. I added it to my cart, paid, and received an email letting me know the order was placed. Voila!

About a week later I received an email stating there was an issue with my order but they were working on getting it fixed. It also gave me an estimated delivery date of 3/24/14. Today is the 18th, so it came earlier than expected. I'm a happy girl!

I got home this afternoon and picked the box up; I couldn't believe how heavy it was. And like I said (if you watched my YouTube video about it) I wasn't planning on doing a video, but it calls for one. This is definitely something I will look for in the future.

The sample sizes are bigger and more full than the sample sizes I get in Birchbox. This month, I received the Jergens BB Body Cream in this box and my Birchbox. Not only is the sample from Target bigger, it is also more full of product than air. (Sorry, but Birchbox tends to send a lot of air in the tubes)

Here is the link to the Beauty Box (or you can search for Beauty Box on Target's website):

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=beauty+box&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_ta_beauty+box

Target.com states that these boxes are not sold in stores and that they ship free. There are restrictions to the free shipping. You have to either pay with your RedCard or have an order of $50 or more on eligible items (from what I can tell). Let me know if you know of another way for free shipping.

*Not all items are sold online. Some items may only be sold online.*

Here is what I got in the box:

COVERGIRL Lipslicks Smoochies Sizzle Gloss

TONI&GUY Sea Salt Texturising Spray 

Herbal Essences Naked Dry Shampoo

Jergens BB Body Cream Light

L'Oreal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Mascara

 All in all, I'd say this box was worth the $5 plus shipping! And if they continue this on a monthly basis, I will definitely consider canceling my Birchbox subscription.

Tell me what you think about Target's Beauty Box!