Friday, April 18, 2014

And She Reads

I'm a fangirl, a nerd, a geek. Call me what you will.

I'm a reader. I love books. I love getting into a story and forgetting what time it is. I can sometimes get so involved that I start dreaming about the book I'm reading.

I once woke my husband up by talking in my sleep. And when he asked what was wrong, I told him to be quiet because I was solving murders. Thanks Greg Isles!

Currently I'm reading Jodi Picoult's Nineteen Minutes. It's very sad so far but well written (of course). I recently finished her book My Sister's Keeper. Yes, I know that I'm way behind, what can I say?

But also recently I've become addicted to John Green. I started watching his videos on his and his brothers vlogbrothers YouTube channel. Then I found out he wrote The Fault in Our Stars. And I was like, well I should read that. Then I found out he wrote Paper Towns, and I was like, I should read that too! Now I'm an addict and there is no cure.

I have been a fan of Stephen King since I was a pre-teen. I know, I shouldn't have been reading that scary stuff. I can't help it! The man can write!

I like suspense/ thriller books. But I'm also a huge fan of Nora Roberts and Nicholas Sparks. Nora's books just come across as magical to me. Especially the Irish Trilogy novels. If you love Ireland, or the thought of it, check them out! And Nicholas Sparks, well I have read A Walk to Remember so many times I lost count. It was my first heartbreak, seriously, I cried for a week.

I also like the classics and sci-fi. Like I said, fangirl.

What kinds of books do you like?

Suggest some good ones for me to read next!