Thursday, June 19, 2014

Birchbox June 2014 ~ Reviews!!

In case this is the first time you've ever heard of Birchbox, here's a description: Birchbox is a monthly subscription service; available for men ($20/ month) and women ($10/ month). They send 3-5 deluxe samples (and sometimes full size) beauty, grooming, and lifestyle products.

Any item that you receive can be reviewed on their website for points. Purchasing products can will also give you points. Points can be redeemed for products. It's a great system!

You can sign up here: https://www.birchbox.com/invite/v3tc6 (I will get points if you use this link)

Now, I have been getting Birchbox since September of 2013 and I am very pleased with the products and the company. As far as I am concerned, they have wonderful customer service and they are very active on social media. They even have giveaways just for their fans/ followers!

If you'd like to see my Birchbox unboxing videos since January, please click here: ms_la_tn_grl - Birchbox Playlist

Now, for my thoughts on my June Birchbox!!

Cynthia Rowley Beauty Creamy Lip Stain - This is very creamy and pigmented! It goes on so smooth and made my lips feel soft. It did not last as long as I'd expected even though it is a stain. I did have to reapply but it did not cake nor flake when it dried; my lips stayed soft even as it wore off.

Davines Oi All in One Milk - I have yet to use this. I am still pretty new at hair products (other than shampoo, conditioner, and heat protectant). I will have to update you on this. Please leave a comment if you'd like to know how it worked for me. Note that I have thick, fine, oily hair.

English Laundry Signature for Her 3.4 oz. - This smells like candy to me. And if you know me, you know candy is one of my favorite things in life!! So, yes, I'm in love with this perfume.

The Aloe Source Vitamin C Antioxidant Crème - I have used this for a week now but I honestly can not tell if it has made a difference in my skin. It isn't oily or greasy on my skin. It has a slight orange scent, but it does not last long.

Antica Famacista Bath & Shower Wash - I enjoy these as samples because I don't like using hotel body washes, I prefer to bring my own. So this will definitely come in handy for my next trip! It did not lather as much as I'd liked. This smells clean, but in my opinion, smells more like a man's body wash.

Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo - I have yet to use this. It has a nice scent. I will update you on this later as well.

Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner - I have yet to use this. It's scent is similar to the shampoo. I will update you on this later.

All in all, I was very pleased with this month's Birchbox! All the samples were deluxe sizes and I would use or gift each item. Definitely worth my $10!!

Do you get Birchbox? What are your thoughts on this subscription service? Let me know!