Thursday, July 17, 2014

Birchbox July 2014 ~ Review

What is Birchbox? A beauty, grooming, and lifestyle monthly subscription service for men and women. Click here to find out exactly what that means.

Here's what I got for July 2014 and what I think of each item (so far):

Number 4™ Super Comb Prep & Protect - I like this. I could always use more heat protecting sprays! It has a nice scent, not too much like a salon and made my hair feel very soft. It kept my hair smooth all day (even in the humidity) so that's a big plus for me. Full Size - $32

LAQA & Co. Sheer Lip Lube Pencil - I got the color Menatour (purple) which is way out of my comfort zone! But I'm all about trying new things these days. So I'm embracing it! It is sheer, but with this color I still go very light when applying - it's so bright! This is moisturizing and lasts quite a while. It's a twist up type of pencil. There is a slight mint smell to it, but I personally don't mind that. On birchbox.com, there are 3 colors to choose from: Menatour, Stranger Danger (Hot Pink), and The Boss Lady (Nude). Full Size $18

RUFFIAN Nail Lacquer - Rosary - I am so in love with this color! Rose Gold!! In certain light it looks bronze, in others you can really see the rosy color. It is a 1 coat polish meaning 1 coat is opaque and it's amazing! There is some shimmer to it but not chunky glitter. Full Size $11

RUFFIAN Dressing Room Nail Lacquer Remover Towelettes - I just used these and have to say, I am not a fan. They took the color off my nails, but left the base coat sticky/ tacky to touch. I did like that they were perfumed instead of the usual strong nail polish remover smell. Full Size $12 (set of 10)

dr. brandt® Exclusive Camera-Ready Kit - I got the Pores No More pore refiner. And boy did I need it! I love this stuff. It works great to minimize the look of my pores and also helps keep my shine free longer. This is definitely a "gonna purchase" item for me. Full Size $45 (for the full kit)

Real Chemistry Luminous 3-Minute Peel - How scared was I when I saw the word peel?? Very. I have never used anything like this and just the thought of my skin peeling away or off, is off-putting. But I woman'd up and tried it out! I think I did it right, haha. After following the directions and doing the final rinse off, my skin felt so soft! I couldn't stop touching it...which probably wasn't a good idea. But I just couldn't help myself! This product is only for once a week use and should last a while. Full Size $48

I almost forgot to mention ~ This month Birchbox teamed up with Women's Health! We received a 1 year free subscription to the magazine, as well as a booklet with 12 bite-sized challenges to #powerup our lives! Very cute and a fun idea!


I really enjoy getting this box each month! It really is like a little taste of Christmas throughout the year!!

If you don't have Birchbox and would like to sign up, feel free to use my referral link (I will get points if you do) or go directly to birchbox.com.

Also, you can see my Birchbox un-boxing playlist on YouTube: ms_la_tn_grl's Birchbox playlist

Please tell me what you got in your box this month and how you like everything!!