Wednesday, October 1, 2014

I Don't Get Fall

I don't mean that I don't understand it - I mean, where I live, I don't get a Fall Season. It sucks, I know. But that doesn't mean I can't get into the spirit, right?!


At every store I go to, be it a grocery store, convenience store, or craft store, all things pumpkins and spice are proudly displayed. I can buy a Pumpkin Spice flavored cookie (because as hot as it is still, I'm not drinking any hot beverages for months yet) or Pumpkin Spice scented sachets. Of course, if I use the sachets in my home and really get in the spirit of Fall, I'll need to turn the air conditioner down to about 60 degrees if I get in the mood to snuggle under the covers.


I can get on YouTube (shameless channel plug here) or Pinterest and get hundreds of Fall decorating ideas, and even DIY's. This is one of my favorite parts of Fall, other than football and prime time television.


I certainly wish we had the cooler temps where I live to go along with this bursting Fall spirit, but we do not. So, we're kind of just "faking" Fall with our Pumpkin Spiced everything and orange leafed wreaths (a whole other post, but why do we decorate our homes with dead leaves? I mean, I do it - video coming Friday! - but why?)


When we do finally get to pull out long sleeves, jeans, and boots, everyone else is celebrating Winter. We've completely bypassed Fall; we went straight into the coldest season around, and it's still sometimes hit or miss. By that, I mean, we get cooler temps and get to look cute with our jeans tucked into socks, tucked into boots OR we wear shorts and flip-flops until one day we wake up to an ice covered driveway. And occasionally, we get a great spring! That really makes me happy, when we have a spring and don't go from frozen to melting in a matter of days.


Even with the warm weather, sweating in October, and all the iced coffee I consume, I'm in the Fall spirit! I even cooked a crock pot full of vegetable soup yesterday (that was too hot to eat because it made my nose run and made me sweat, but man will it be good thawed and re-heated sometime in January or February!) I'm even going to decorate my home with some orange (dead) leaves and twigs and things.


But do you know what my #1 favorite thing about Fall is? That in a few months, it will be Christmas! And that is my favorite season of all! You think I'm excited about all things Pumpkin Spice, wait until I break out the Cinnamon scented everything!


Happy Fall Y'all!