Saturday, October 25, 2014

My 2nd Target Beauty Box ~ What's Inside?

To see what I got in my 1st Target Beauty Box, click here.


I've got to tell you, I'm really pleased with this one, but the first one was $2 cheaper.


For $7 plus shipping, I got 3 beauty type deluxe sample sized products and 2 full sized products.


Let's look at the box/ packaging:

It's the same outer packaging as the last box; with the Target logo in red and black. This is a sleeve that slides right off and you have a plain white box. I don't mind the white box - it can be used for Christmas gifts!

When you open the box, there's that same Hello Beautiful card that I loved so much in the last one.
I'm not going to lie to you, I did not open that card and read what was inside. If I did, I don't remember a thing that it said - pregnancy brain!!

After removing the card, I see all my beauty items:
Sorry for the bad pics! And that you have to see my toes.

Immediately I was so happy to see the Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I cannot tell you how many times I tried to find that in a drugstore and couldn't. I was just about to break down and order it online. So glad I didn't! I've since used these products and love, love, love this eye pencil!!
I've seen a lot of ladies on YouTube use it as a base and also to brighten or intensify their eye shadow color. I've used it for both, and this box was worth every penny because of it!

Next, I pulled out the lippie - because I'm addicted!!

And how happy am I?! I love nude lip colors! This is the L'Oreal Extraordinaire by Colour Riche in Nude Ballet. It's a long name, but the formula is great and I'm in love. I've worn this several times, usually with a heavier, darker eye, and can't get enough!! Here is my review of the same formula lipstick in a different color: L'Oreal Paris Lippie Review

The next item I tried is the L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Hairspray.

The claims on the spray are: Extra Strong Hold Hairspray that disappears at the stroke of a brush. I'm a little confused by this. I'm assuming they mean the crispy, hairspray texture disappears and it doesn't leave any kind of white residue if your hair is brushed through.

I did use it and it did hold. I am not 100% sold on this yet, but it's hairspray and I'll, at the very least, use it until it's all gone.

Now on to a hair product I love:
This is the Fekkai (no idea how to pronounce that) Blowout Hair Refresher Dry Shampoo.
It is exactly what it claims to be - a dry shampoo. But the smell, oh the scent of it, I love! And it works great too! I may have to switch from my holy grail Batiste to this.

Lastly, I pulled out the Laneige BB Cushion:
The card states this is sold exclusively at Target. If that is the case, it was a good idea putting it in the box. Otherwise, I'd have had no idea.

The cushion they show in the picture is obviously larger than the sample we get, but I bet it feels similar to handling a beauty blender type of sponge.

They give us 1 cushion and 3 skin tone colors to choose from:
I am the lightest shade. I did use this. It is very much light coverage. I was expecting this but maybe not expecting it to be so watery.

The color match was spot on. I wonder if I'm just that color or does it kind of match all light skin tones that well? Let me know if you have it or have used it.

Lastly, here are the claims:

Brighten
Protect
Cool and Hydrate
Prevents Shine
Perfects Long Lasting Coverage

I only used it one day and have not decided it the claims are correct. But I will update if I continue to use this. And please, let me know what you gals think of this product!!

Overall, I am so please with this Target Beauty Box and can't wait to see what they do in the Spring!