Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I Hate to Cook ~ Here's an Easy Recipe!!

I am by no means Betty Crocker. I don't like to cook. I get angry, sometimes, when I do have to cook. Can we call that cangry?


My husband thinks that if I cook more and practice, I will enjoy it. He. Is. So. Wrong.


But!! Last year I found this recipe on Pinterest.com and I'm not as angry when I cook it. And I enjoy eating it!


Peach Dumplings:


Ingredients
  • 1 or 2 cans sliced peaches (original recipe calls for peaches to be peeled and pitted - um, no)
  • 2 - 8 oz. cans crescent dinner rolls
  • 2 sticks of butter
  • 1-1/2 cups sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • Cinnamon to taste
  • 1 can Mountain Dew
Cooking Directions:


  • Roll 1 - 2 peach slices in 1 crescent roll.
  • Place them all in a buttered 9x13 pan (I use a glass dish)
  • Melt butter and slowly add sugar and stir lightly
  • Add vanilla and stir
  • Pour entire mixture over peaches/ crescent rolls
  • Pour Mountain Dew around edges of the pan
  • Sprinkle with cinnamon
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes
  • Optional: Serve with ice cream
It's simple and tasty - two of my favorite things!


What are you cooking up this holiday season?