Tuesday, December 9, 2014

If I Ever Get Famous, You'll Be Glad You Read This

I have a little booklet/ notepad thing to keep quotes and jokes in. I don't know what happened, I used to use it so much! Now I couldn't find it if I tried, but I do know I still have it....somewhere.


I have always been in love with quotes and since the dawn of Pinterest and other social media sites, I've become overwhelmed with good ones! It's really hard to try and keep any of them written down - I'd spend all my days writing and getting hand cramps! So instead, I pin or save or like.


But my all time favorite quote is this:


When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me'. - Erma Bombeck


This quote speaks to me. It is exactly what I hope to achieve in this life. I hope that by the end of my days, I have used everything God gave me to make the world a better, safer, or happier place. Or to make someone's life easier or simpler or happier. And you can quote me on that! If one day I'm famous and then I die, you'll be like, "Oh wow, I read her blog once. She was funny. Well, she was okay. But I do remember her favorite quote!"